|25 South Saint Clair Street|
Seed Coworking is Toledo's first coworking community. Coworking is more than just free-lancers working from somewhere besides a coffee shop: "Coworking brings like-minded individuals together to share ideas, resources and projects" [from seedcoworking.com]
Seed offers a variety of plans for membership:
Unlimited: 24/7 access, $175 /month
Medium: 2 days per week, $85 /month
Student: 2 days per week, $35 /month
Small: 1 day per month, $25 /month
History of Seed Coworking
A brief timeline:
- ?: The three founders, Gene Powell, Jamie Wright and Don Miller, decide to start a coworking space and review many locations.
- ? : They select 25 South St. Clair and start the remodeling process.
- March 27, 2012: Kickstarter campaign launched to fund furnishing the space.
- April 17, 2012: Campaign ends after reaching their $12,000 goal.
- May 15: Seed Coworking gets it occupancy permit, so it is officially open for business.
- June 5: Holds first Town Hall
One of the key roles Seed Coworking has played is hosting events for the technical community. Just some of them include:
- Toledo Web Professionals Card Sorting Clinic, July 30
- Startup Weekend Toledo Pre-event Mixer, September 6
- Lunch 'n' Learn events, starting in October
- Regular, monthly meetings for CocoaHeads Toledo, DevToledo and OpenHack Toledo.
- ToledoWiki Edit Parties.
- March 20, 2103, Blade. Seed Coworking offers place to put heads, ideas together.